SEWAGE/STORM-WATER PUMPING STATIONS SERVICE SCHEDULE
- Hose or jet-wash the sump-internals/pumps
Note: – a suitable water supply adjacent station to be provided by client.
- Breakdown crust from surface of water within sump.
- Check pumps for any blockages and remove same.
- Check for free rotation of impellers/visually check condition of same.
- Audibly check motor bearings for noise.
- Check condition of motor oil, noting any ‘milky’ appearance indicating mechanical seal failure
- Strip *volutes to expose impellers & seals.
- Inspect condition of mechanical seals.*Replenish motor oil as required.
- Clean and inspect condition of neoprene cabling and glands on pumps and floatswitches.
- Remove inspection covers on non-return valves. Check and remove any blockages.
- Check for correct seating of flaps/sealing. Lubricate and refit covers.*Rotate and lubricate isolation valves to ensure correct operation.
- Inspect and note any corrosion to pipework/valves within sump.
- Lift floatswitches and check correct auto sequence.
- Carry out ‘megger’ test (insulation resistance test) to motor windings noting any low readings.
- Check any electrical junctions/boxes/connectors. Dry out and re-make/re-seal (as required)
- Carry out clamp-meter tests noting correct running current of pump motors.*Open control-panel and check for correct movement of motor starter contacts.
- Inspect and note wear to same.*Check all panel bulbs and audible sounders. Report any replacements required.*Check discharge stools, guide rails and upper support brackets noting any corrosion.
- Check pump lifting chains, shackles and hooks noting and corrosion.
- General condition – check and report upon the general condition of sump and access opening.* Where applicable
PLEASE NOTE THAT REQUESTED ‘OUT OF HOURS’ CALL OUTS WILL BE CHARGEABLE REGARDLESS OF VALID WARRANTY OR NOT.
In all instances, call outs must be paid for up-front and prior to our engineer being dispatched – this should be in the form of a credit card payment. Should it be the case that a genuine and valid warranty claim is found then a refund will be made by our office on the next working day. Refunds will not be made against requested ‘out of hours’ call outs – as the charge for this level of service is not refundable.
CALL OUT CHARGES
- Rate 1. £395.25 + VAT per Call out
- Rate 2. £592.87 + VAT per Call out
- Rate 3 £790.50 + VAT per Call out
NOTE: ALL CALL-OUTS ‘MUST’ BE PAID FOR UP-FRONT BY CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Any materials used would be charged for extra, this is particularly relevant where GRINDER/MACERATOR pumps are used, as the cutters may need replacing.
Please sign and return the following slip.
To: Service Manager – A&C PUMPS LTD
Please diarise future service visits.
a) The following charges per attendance. NOTE: Charges are for 2016 and may be subject to increase for following years (not exceeding index linked rates)
b) That this service agreement does not form any warranty* or guarantee and does not cover for any consequential loss (however occurring) in the event of equipment failure.
*Unless an extended warranty cover is in place, that routine servicing is a requirement of.
c) Notification of the following list of general exclusions that the service schedule does not cover for:
1. Lack of service/maintenance.
2. Blockages or fouling.
5. Accidental damage.
7. Corrosion from anything other than: faecal matter, degradable tissue; proprietary sanitary waste products; waste water containing no chemicals other than proprietary domestic cleaning products.
8. Corrosion from oil/fat/solidification.
9. Acts of God.
10. Equipment installed outside the UK mainland.
11. Consequential loss.
A&C PUMPS LTD
WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We/A&C provide a potential 5 YEAR PARTS WARRANTY ON PUMP(S) ONLY. All other components are covered by 12 months warranty (either from date of sale or date of commissioning. Commissioning must be carried out by our company/A&C Pumps for on-site warranty).
If we DIDN’T/ DO NOT COMMISSION the equipment, then THERE IS STRICTLY NO REFUND FOR ANY LABOUR/CALL-OUT CHARGE.
Alternatively the allegedly faulty component should be returned to our workshop for assessment of warranty validation. We would then send repaired or replacement component to site for original installer to refit.
IN THIS INSTANCE (“STRAIGHT SALE” WARRANTY), THE WARRANTY ON ALL PARTS/COMPONENTS IS 12 MONTHS FROM DATE OF SALE (NOT RESULTING FOR ANY REASON ON THE ‘LIST OF EXCLUSIONS’).
If we DO COMMISSION the equipment and a service agreement has been
returned within the FIRST 3 MONTHS* (following commissioning), then potentially an on-site labour warranty may apply.
ALL CALL-OUTS MUST BE PRE-PAID FOR BY CREDIT/DEBIT CARD, but will be refunded if fault actually found to be covered by warranty (and is not resulting for any reason on the ‘list of exclusions’).
THE ON-SITE LABOUR WARRANTY IS RESTRICTED TO THE FIRST
12 MONTHS FOLLOWING THE DATE OF COMMISSIONING (BY OUR COMPANY). THEREAFTER, THE REMAINING 4 YEARS WARRANTY ON THE PUMP(S) IS LIMITED TO PARTS ONLY.
PLEASE NOTE THAT REQUESTED ‘OUT OF HOURS’ CALL OUTS WILL BE CHARGEABLE REGARDLESS OF VALID WARRANTY OR NOT. NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE FOR REQUESTED ‘OUT OF HOURS’ CALL OUTS.
All call outs are charged for @ RATE 1, but would be refunded in the case of valid warranty, UNLESS ……..
- Call out received after 1pm Monday to Thursday, but instructed to attend the same day. (Calls received after 1pm on a Friday will be attended to on Monday of the next week unless instructed to attend sooner. However these are charged @ RATE 2).
- Call out instructed for a weekend attendance (charged @ RATE 2).
- Call out instructed to attend on a bank holiday and/or within Christmas/New Year company shutdown period (charged @ RATE 3).
- RATE 1 @ £395.25 + VAT.
- RATE 2 @ £592.87 + VAT
- RATE 3 @ £790.50 + VAT
- Service @ £TBA plus VAT (Services must be booked at least 3 weeks beforehand)
A&C PUMPS LTD
WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
List of Exclusions:-
1) Lack of Service or maintenance.
2) Blockages or fouling.
3) Adjustments (later than 3 months following our last charged for attendance).
5) Accidental damage.
7) Corrosion resulting from anything other than faecal matter, degradable toilet tissue, waste water containing no chemicals other than proprietary domestic cleaning products.
8) Corrosion from oil/fat/solidification.
9) Acts of God.
10) Equipment installed outside the UK mainland,
11) Consequential loss (however arising).
5 year warranty on pump(s) is dependent upon:
a) Equipment being commissioned by our company/A&C Pumps.
b) Service agreement to be entered into by customer with our company/A&C Pumps.
c) Service agreement to be returned within *3 months of the date of commissioning (*at the latest).
d) Service charges to be continued to be paid (upon each service/at least once every 6 months).